Training Requirements

You must fulfill certain training requirements before working or volunteering at Safeco Field. 

1. Food Handlers Permit

Online: King County allows you to watch  an instructional video and take the test online at their website. The test is $10 and a credit card or debit card is required. Press the button below to be taken to it.

In Person: King County also offers in-person instruction once a month in downtown Seattle.

Remember, you must have a valid food workers card BEFORE beginning work at Safeco Field!

2. Alcohol Certification

All employees and non-profit organization volunteers selling alcoholic beverages must be 21 years old or older, and have a Washington state approved certification from the Liquor Control Board. 

Click the buttons below for information on the permit and certification process on the Washington Liquor Board website..

3. Job Training

Once you have become a certified Food Handler, and Responsible Alcohol Server, you must receive job specific training to provide excellent customer service. Please contact your Supervisor or hiring Manager for your job specific orientation and training.